Junior Research Fellow (Temporary)
For a Project entitled “LAMP based, Point of Care POC Rapid and Low Cost Diagnostic Test for COVID-19”
1. Qualification : M.Sc Microbiology/Biotechnology (With at least 60% Marks.)
2. Experience (Desirable) : Minimum 2 Years experience in Molecular biology techniques
3. Maximum age limit as on : 28 years 31.01.2021
4. No of vacancies : 2(JRF I and JRF II)
5. Consolidated Remuneration : Rs. 25000/- per month
6. Tenure of Appointment : JRF I :6 Months JRF II: 3months
7. Mode of selection : Written test and Interview
(No written test for CSIR-JRF qualified candidates and Preference will be given for CSIR JRF/National levelbvalid fellowship candidates)
8. Brief Description of the project :
LAMP Loop activated isothermal amplification basednmethod to diagnose the COVID-’19 virus known as SARS COV-2. This is a rapid, point of care POC, low cost method that does not require highly skilled personnel, at the same time, offers same sensitivity as the current RT PCR method. The result can be read using a colorimeter or more appropriately using a cell phone device with a turbidometry app, as simple as that.
9. Nature of appointment : Temporary(purely on contract)
1. Candidates should apply ONLINE through our website www.mccc.kerala.gov.in
2. Please assure that you have the following before proceeding to Online Registration.
Your photograph in digital form with the following specifications;
Maximum Image Size: 30Kb,
Image Dimension: 150W X 200H px,
Image Type: .jpg format.
Reference number for application fee (Rs. 50 / – for SC / ST category and Rs. 250 / – for
others) paid through RTGS / NEFT / IMPS / UPI to the following account:
No:1154104000017958, Account holder: Malabar Cancer Center Society, Bank: IDBI
Branch: Thalassery, IFSC Code: IBKL0001154
3. The last date of submission of ONLINE application is 04.30 PM on 11th February 2021
4. Signed, hard/ Print copy of ONLINE application, downloaded from website, along with self
attested copies of certificates to prove age, qualification, experience, etc. should be forwarded
to The Director, Malabar Cancer Centre, Moozhikkara PO, Thalassery, Kerala-670103,
without fail, so as to reach on or before 12th February 2021 till 4.30 PM. Also send the
scanned copy of the application and all other supporting documents to
firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 12th February 2021 till 4.30 PM (UTR
Number of online Payment must be filled in Application) Applications not complying with
any of the above will be rejected.
5. The envelope should be super scribed as “Application for the post of Junior Research
Fellow on temporary basis”
6. The applications that are not complete in all respect will not be considered and no
individual intimation will be given.
7. Applications without required certificates or documents will not be considered and will be
8. Selection will be based on qualification and experience and performance in the
Test/Interview. Claims in respect of Qualifications, Experience, etc. should be supported by
copies of relevant documents; Candidates should produce the originals at the time of
9. No TA/DA will be paid for the Interview/Written test.
10. The application will be screened and eligible candidates will be informed through email (with
date & venue) to attend the interview. Candidate should provide proper contact email ID for
communication. Candidates are advised to visit our website www.mcc.kerala.gov.in
regularly for updates/ notices and announcements.
11. Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification. Candidates are advised to
desist from such unholy practices.
12. Qualification, experience prescribed by MCC, should be strictly followed and
applications without any of them will be rejected.
13. Late applications will not be considered after the last date of submission.
14. The Director-MCC will hold the right to reject any application without any information.
15. Application Fee:
Applications in the prescribed format only will be considered.
Application fee Rs. 50/- (Rupees fifty only) for SC/ ST category and Rs. 250/- (Rupees Two
hundred and fifty only) for others, may be paid through RTGS/NEFT/IMPS/UPI to the
following account: No: 1154104000017958, Account holder: Malabar Cancer Center
Society, Bank: IDBI, Branch: Thalassery, IFSC Code: IBKL0001154.
Print out of online application form should be signed by the candidate and submitted to
MCC within the stipulated time. Applications without signature of the candidate will be not
be considered and rejected.
Candidates claiming fee concession/exemption, a copy of SC/ST Certificate from the
competent authority. If the duly attested copy of certificate is not attached, the application
will be rejected.