REQUIRES ADMINISTRATIVE & TECHNICAL STAFF (Direct Recruitment/Deputation)
Last Date to Apply : Applications to reach CIAB by 02-03-2021
Method of Application : Hard Copy and as per Prescribed Format
Application format, details of the vacancies etc. can be downloaded from the institute websites: www.ciab.res.in under heading “Vacancies”.
Center of Innovative and Applied Bioprocessing (CIAB) is an autonomous national institute under Department of Biotechnology (Govt. of India) located at Sector-81 (Knowledge City), PO-Manauli, S.A.S. Nagar, Mohali- 140306 (Punjab). This futuristic innovation institute of its own kind in the country has a
mission of advancing knowledge, leads and emerging technologies/processes relevant to agri-food sector towards applications and products. The institute invites applications for Administrative & Technical positions as detailed below:
* Re-advertised. The candidates found eligible vide notice dated 27-01-2021 (Advt. No. CIAB/52/2020-Rectt. dated 04-07-2020) will be considered along with the applicants of this advertisement. # Age inclusive of relaxation of 03 years for OBC as per Govt. of India norms.
1. The applications received against the advertised positions would be screened by a
Screening-cum-Shortlisting Committee constituted for the same.
2. The candidates from amongst the eligible candidates may be shortlisted by the Screeningcum-Shortlisting Committee on the basis of qualifications, duration, nature and quality of experience etc.
3. The shortlisted candidates will be called to appear for written test and/or interview
before the selection committee for the final selection for the position at Sr. no. 1. For the
positions of Sr. Technical Assistant (at Sr. no. 2 & 3), selection will be made through
written and/or skill test only.
4. The Screening or Selection Committee would make a decision as to the number of
candidates to be recommended for calling for written test and/or interview.
5. In the event of none of the interviewed candidates is found suitable, the post(s) would not
6. Higher standards of educational degree level and/or period of experience may be set by the
duly constituted screening committee to shortlist the candidates from within the list of
eligible candidates, if required.
7. Mere fulfilment of essential qualifications and experience does not entitle a candidate to be
called for written test and/or interview. CIAB reserves the right to devise criteria to screen the
applications for shortlisting of candidates for written test and /or interview and the decision of the
CEO, CIAB shall be final and binding on all applicants.
1. All applicants must fulfil the essential requirements of the post and other conditions
stipulated in the advertisement. They are advised to satisfy themselves before applying that
they possess at least the essential qualifications laid down for various posts. No enquiry asking
for advice as to eligibility will be entertained.
2. The date for determining the age, experience, qualifications etc. shall be the last date of
receiving applications i.e. 02-03-2021 for all the candidates.
3. Upper age limit shall not applicable for existing employees of the institute or any employee of
Department of Biotechnology (GoI).
4. The period of experience in the discipline / area of work, wherever prescribed, shall be
counted after the date of acquiring the minimum prescribed educational qualifications.
5. Relaxation of age shall be as per Government of India Rules.
6. In addition to the above pay/emoluments as per 7
th Pay Commission in the above scales,
other benefits such as Dearness Allowance, House Rent Allowance, Transport Allowance etc.
are also admissible as per Government of India rules.
7. Candidates on direct selection shall be governed by New Pension Scheme of Central
Government made effective from 01-01-2004.
8. The appointee would be on probation for a period of two years which may be extended or
curtailed at the discretion of the Competent Authority.
9. At the time of joining, the candidate will have to withdraw any other application(s) that
he/she may have submitted elsewhere for employment.
10. Application must be complete in all respects and as per the prescribed format that can be
downloaded from website: www.ciab.res.in under the heading “Vacancies”.
11. The vital point information like designation, organization, previous employment profile, scale,
pay band and grade pay, type of pay scale like Central Govt. (CDA) or Industrial (IDA) and
equivalent CDA in case of later, nature of duties etc. must be given in full, failing which the
application may be summarily rejected without any further intimation, whatsoever.
12. The application(s) must be submitted as per format including signed synopsis sheet. The
applications not in the prescribed format will be rejected without any further intimation,
13. In case of applicants from public sector/Govt. organizations/institutions, the application must
be forwarded through proper channel. However, to avoid delay in application, an advance
copy of the application may be submitted directly. The advance copy will be considered if
followed by application sent through proper channel or on production of NOC from the
Department at the time of written test/interview.
14. In case a selected candidate is already employed in a permanent post, his/her request for pay
protection will be considered as per Government of India rules, regulations and guidelines.
15. Candidates applying for the posts on deputation basis will be governed by the terms &
conditions governing deputation as per bye-laws of CIAB, Mohali and other Government of
16. All applications must be accompanied by self-attested copies of all certificates with respect to
age, qualifications, experience, etc.
17. Self-attested copy of caste/tribe/class certificate issued by the designated authority as
prescribed by the Govt. of India should be enclosed with the application.
18. All Ambiguous/Inaccurate/Incomplete or insufficient information about qualifications,
experience, pay/emoluments, duration etc. may also lead to cancellation of applications.
19. The above positions are open only to Indian Nationals.
20. Application Fee Structure is as under:
The application fee should be paid online through the link:
https://www.onlinesbi.com/sbicollect/icollecthome.htm?corpID=2266960 and the transaction
number & date of transaction should be clearly mentioned on the application form.
21. Outstation candidates called for the interview will be paid to & fro second class railway fare, as
per Government rules, on presentation of the proof of travel (applicable for position at
Sr. No 1 only).
22. As per instructions of Govt. of India, there will be no interview for the Group C and Group B
(Non-Gazetted) posts. However, the candidates will be required to appear in Screening Test
and/or Written Test and/or Skill Test as per schedule to be notified later.
23. In case of insufficient response to this advertisement in terms of number of eligible applicants
against any position, the applications received against said position(s) may not at all be
processed further. Neither any intimation etc. would be given to the applicants nor would such
queries be entertained.
24. The institute would have the sole discretion whether to make a recruitment on a position or
not at any stage of recruitment process.
25. Interim enquiries would not be attended.
26. Bringing in any influence in the recruitment process would lead to disqualification of the
candidature without any intimation.
The applications in the prescribed format which is available at the Institute’s website
under heading “Vacancies” accompanied by attested copies of certificates, testimonials
in support of age, educational qualifications, experience, etc. should be sent to the
Administrative Officer, Center of Innovative and Applied Bioprocessing, Sector-81
(Knowledge City), PO-Manauli, S.A.S. Nagar, Mohali- 140306 (Punjab) superscribing
“APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF “__________________” on the envelope, so as to
reach on or before by 02-03-2021. The closing date for receipt of applications from
candidates from Andaman & Nicobar and Lakshadweep Islands, States/Union Territories
in the North-Eastern Region, Ladakh region of J& K, Sikkim, Sub division Chamba and
Lahaul & Spiti Districts of Himachal Pradesh will be 17-03-2021.
The applications received after the last date due to postal or any delay will not be
All the positions are based at Mohali (Punjab) but the appointee may be liable to serve
anywhere in India.
A Synopsis-Sheet as per format given (MS-Excel) with the Standard Application Form of CIAB
should be submitted along with the application form. The synopsis sheet is also required to be
submitted through e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org in MS-Excel format only.
Canvassing in any form or bringing influence, political or otherwise, will lead to disqualification
of the candidature.
The decision of CIAB in all matters relating to eligibility, acceptance or rejection of application,
mode of selection, and conduct of written test / interviews etc. will be final and binding on the
The applications would be received only during normal working hours and only on working
days (i.e. Monday to Friday and between 0900 hrs. to 1730 hrs.).
If the last date of receipt of applications happens to be a holiday, the immediate next working
day would be the last date of receipt of applications.
Any changes such as last date for the submission of application form, terms & conditions etc.
shall be available only in the CIAB website: www.ciab.res.in.