Development Scientist: Flow Cytometry (Technical)
Beckman Coulter Life Sciences’ mission is to empower those seeking answers to life’s most important scientific and healthcare questions. With a legacy spanning 80+ years, we have long been a trusted partner to our customers, who are working to transform science and healthcare with the next groundbreaking discovery. As part of our team of more than 2,900 associates across 130 countries, you’ll help drive our vision of accelerating answers—and our commitment to excellence.
Beckman Coulter Life Sciences is proud to work alongside a community of nine fellow Danaher Life Sciences companies. Together, we’re pioneering the future of science and medicine, developing products that enable researchers in the fight to save lives.
Job Family Description: develops, evaluates, and implements new reagent solutions for research and/or In Vitro diagnostic use. Integrates the voice of the customer in the development of new products. Plans and performs experiments and studies, and evaluates results. Adheres to product specifications and makes recommendations for adjustments to specifications. Supports technologies post‐launch to resolve performance issues. Maintains knowledge of industry principles and advancements. May publish articles in scientific journals and produce patentable work. Works closely with Marketing, Manufacturing, and Quality, as well as other functions to ensure Quality and on time delivery.
Summary of responsibilities: Assists in the evaluation and implementation of new technologies. The incumbent performs experiments, analyzes data and plans next series of experiments, takes ownership for the assigned work participates in planning studies for the development, evolution and optimization of assay(s); Prepares study plans and reports, maintains well organized laboratory notebooks in compliance with relevant procedures; and supports post-launch to resolve performance and/or quality issues.
Boundary Conditions/Authority Levels:
Normally receives no instruction on routine work; general instructions on new assignments. Adheres to policies and procedures
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Participates in the analysis, design and development of system applications.
• Follows standard practices and procedures in analyzing situations or data from which answers can be readily obtained.
• Reports status of experiments to supervisor/Technical lead.
• Applies analytical skills to interpret data and uses independent judgment and discretion in developing solutions to a variety of work problems of moderate scope and complexity
• Able to troubleshoot issues, identify root cause and strive towards solutions for identified problems
• Responsible for creating technical presentations and updating relevant functions on the same
• Responsible for generating high quality technical documents and reports
• Responsible for strict adherence to quality standards and regulatory guidelines
• Responsible for communicating business related issues or opportunities to next management level.
• Responsible for ensuring personal and company compliance with all Federal, State, local and company regulations, policies and procedures for Health, Safety and Environmental compliance.
• Performs other related duties as required.
Education and/or Experience:
PhD /Master’s degree in Microbiology/ Biochemistry/Biotechnology or relevant fields with 2+ or 4+ years of relevant experience in industry respectively or Bachelor’s degree in Biochemistry/Biotechnology/Biomedical Engineering with 6+ years of relevant experience in Industry.
Industrial experience in the field of assay development of Flow cytometry reagents, ELISAs or other Immunological techniques is desirable but not mandatory.