Scientist I – R&D Beverages
Location: Thane, India
Working as part of a cross functional team, you deliver the RDQ activities required to complete new product development, portfolio maintenance and/or productivity projects with an emphasis on meeting the desired consumer experience.
How you will contribute
With the support and guidance of a manager, you will organize and execute projects in line with RDQ, marketing and manufacturing requirements, effectively communicating status and risks. You will plan and conduct pilot plant and factory trials in accordance with good manufacturing practice and HACCP requirements and development activities (e.g. product shelf-life testing, designing for quality, consumer test preparation etc.). You will also write technical reports that will require the analysis and interpretation of results and that lead to conclusions and recommendations and create and maintain accurate consumer-led specifications.
What you will bring
A desire to drive your future and accelerate your career and the following experience and knowledge:
- Food science, science, or engineering ideally in a fast-moving consumer goods market
- Working on teams and independently with the guidance of a manager
- Prioritizing and managing activities
- Identifying problems proactively and creating and implementing solutions independently
- Applying fundamental technical understanding to interpret and analyze data to reach clear conclusions
- Communicating effectively verbally and in writing, including technical writing
- Putting the consumer at the heart of development activities
Actively participates in execution of various project types Projects may be smaller ones in parallel with different timing or more complex medium projects (new technology for MDLZ plant, 2-3 interfaces, multiple products).
Effective contribute as project member in a team (Informal Leadership)
Has a good understanding of category-specific technology, and directly-related processes/lines
Participate in or lead commercialization of a product/process
Demonstrates good organization and project management skills (project plan, updates, flagging derailors on time)
Effectively structure feedback/status/proposals to the manager and project partners
Good presentation and influencing skills to project partners with guidance from manager
Deliver results, draw conclusions and write technical reports with some guidance from manager
Within Country Relocation support available and for candidates voluntarily moving internationally some minimal support is offered through our Volunteer International Transfer Policy.