CENTRE FOR DNA FINGERPRINTING AND DIAGNOSTICS
INNER RING ROAD, UPPAL,
HYDERABAD – 500 039
CDFD, an autonomous institute of the Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science and Technology, invites applications from Indian nationals for the following temporary vacancy post in research project entitled “NATIONAL
GENOMICS CORE” funded by DBT.
CDFD wishes to fill up the following post in the above project.
1) Technical Associate (Experimental): (01 No. post)
Age Limit: 35 years
Consolidated Emoluments: 40,000/- – 70,000/- p.m.
1. MSc or equivalent (or BSc with 3 years laboratory experience) in
Genetics/Life Sciences/ Biochemistry/related discipline
2. Minimum 3 years of experience (in addition to above qualification) of
working in high-throughput genomics platforms (massively parallel
sequencing and/or microarray)
1. Experience in whole genome / targeted sequencing, RNA-Seq, GWAS and
2. Experience in laboratory automation platforms
3. Experience in a service laboratory
4. Proficiency in massively parallel sequencing library preparation and/or
operation of sequencing / microarray platforms
Nature of Duty:
Hands-on massively parallel sequencing, microarray data analysis, data
analysis pipeline operations as well as other related laboratory activities.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The general terms and conditions governing the Advertisement No.
CDFD/EMPC/2/JUN’21 are as follows:
1. Depending on the qualifications, experience and recommendations of the
Selection Committee, the selected candidate may be placed in a scale and
designation lower than the grade advertised/applied (in the same group)
2. This position is purely temporary and is initially for a maximum period of
one year. This could be extended/terminated depending on the
continuation of the project(s).
3. Reservation for SC / ST / OBC / Physically Handicapped / Ex-service
person / EWS applicants will be as per Govt. of India rules.
4. Relaxation of age for SC / ST / OBC / Physically Handicapped / Ex-service
persons / Women applicants will be as per Govt. of India rules.
5. Mere fulfilling the minimum qualifications will not entitle the candidate for
being shortlisted for interview. The applications will be screened by a
Committee and candidates found suitable will be shortlisted and
interviewed through video conference or through a personal interview. The
decision of the Director, CDFD will be final in this respect and no
correspondence will be entertained in this regard.
6. Any of the selected individuals may from time to time be assigned to
perform any other duties commensurate with their qualifications, by the
7. The Director, CDFD reserves the right to suitably change/relax any of the
above conditions. He also reserves the right to accept or reject any
application without assigning any reason.
Interested candidates who fulfill the above conditions, should apply in the
prescribed application form Online. Please upload soft copies of certificates in
support of date of birth, educational qualifications, reservation category (if
applicable). Please contact <email@example.com> for any queries. The
last date for submitting online applications is 28.07.2021 .
Incomplete applications and applications without caste / disability certificate (if
applicable) or the applications received after the last date are liable to be