Call For Applications: Senior And Intermediate Fellowships In Basic Biomedical Research
DBT/Wellcome Trust India Alliance (India Alliance, www.indiaalliance.org) invites applications for its Senior and Intermediate Fellowships under the track of Basic Biomedical Research. These Fellowships are available across the full spectrum of biomedical research under the remit of India Alliance, which is to support biomedical research that is relevant to human and animal health. Interdisciplinary projects are also welcome.
- This competition is open for basic science/veterinary researchers with 4–15 years of post-PhD research experience; applicant can have a PhD in any discipline of science.
- Applicants are advised to choose the most appropriate scheme based on their qualification, research experience, track record, and aspirations. They may refer to the guidance notes, provisions, and mandates of the schemes. The Office reserves the right to advise on the suitability of the scheme.
- There are no age or nationality restrictions. The applicant need not be resident in India while applying but should be willing to relocate to and work in India.
- A salaried position or commitment towards a salaried position at the Host Institution is not required.
Eligibility guidance notes:
Senior Fellowship: For researchers who have demonstrated their ability to lead an independent research programme and want to expand it further to undertake pioneering research.
Intermediate Fellowship: For postdoctoral researchers who have been successful in building a track record of pursuing cutting-edge research and wish to establish their own independent research programme in India.
The 5-year Fellowship provides:
- Competitive personal salary support
- Generous and flexible funds for research
- Funds to develop international collaborations
The following are essential for the application:
- A research proposal that is based on a hypothesis and seeks to answer an original biomedical research question
- At least one letter of recommendation
- A not-for-profit Host Institution in India that will administer the Fellowship for the complete duration of the award
- A Sponsor at the Host Institution, who can guarantee space and resources for the duration of the award. If invited to make a full application, an official support letter from the Sponsor would be mandatory.
Preliminary Application forms shall be launched at the India Alliance online application System (IASys). We will assess your eligibility and competitiveness; if suitable, we will invite you to submit a full application for the subsequent steps of review and interview.
If the application is successful, the fellowship will have a start date of 01 January 2023.
Application launch: 12 July 2021, Monday
Submission deadline: 06 August 2021, Friday 2.00 PM IST
#government jobs #resume #career builder #job search #career #recruitment #jobs hiring #vacancy #job vacancies #employment #hire #job today
Tag:animal health, aspirations, Basic Biomedical Research, basic science, career, careerbuilder, DBT, employment, government jobs, guidance notes, hire, human, India Alliance, job search, job today, job vacancies, jobs hiring, PhD, projects, provisions, qualification, Recruitment, research experience, researchers, resume, Senior, track record, Vacancy, veterinary, Wellcome Trust India Alliance