Location: Bangalore, India
Job Title: Scientist I, Protein Biology
Job Location: India, Bangalore
To be a part of a continuously evolving antibody development program and contribute to the design and testing of antibodies with a focus on increased sensitivity and specificity, using state of the art methods. The role requires interest in experimental concepts, independence and rigor in experimental planning, execution and documentation. Fluency in verbal and written communication of results is highly desired.
- Responsible for designing experiments, execution, data analysis and diligent maintenance of records for experiments related to either recombinant cloning, cell culture, protein/antibody expression and purification, conjugation, or downstream analytical techniques like western blotting, immunofluorescence, flow cytometry, ELISA with attention to schedules to support program objectives.
- Presenting data to a larger group on a regular basis and troubleshoot as needed
- Development, evaluation, documentation and publication of new methods and SOPs
- Literature survey, reading and interpreting research data from scientific publications and data repositories with attention to concepts and new ideas.
- Familiarity with use of image processing software, spreadsheets, retrieval of data from web/data repositories, handling protein/gene data sets and exposure to statistical analysis of data sets highly desired.
- Lab maintenance and organizational activities as and when required
Education & Experience levels:
- Applicants should have Masters with 2+ years’ work experience OR Ph.D in the areas of cell biology, molecular biology, immunology, biotechnology/biochemistry, preferably with some background in antibody development or validation
Skills and Experience:
- Clear understanding and working knowledge of antibody development techniques and protein biology.
- The candidate would be proficient in assimilating data from scientific publications and designing new experiments or protocols based on this information
- Experience and confidence in independent execution of experiments with emphasis on data integrity and accuracy is required. Ability to troubleshoot technical challenges should be demonstrated
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work in a fast-paced environment with clear understanding of commitment to timelines and need to meet deliverables
- Should be a good team player with the ability to perceive and respect the priorities of all team members and the project and offer support when required
- Agility to accommodate any unexpected team re-organizations according to business requirements
- Experience with mammalian cell culture techniques or advanced microscopy or flow cytometry or computational programming is highly desirable
- Publications in peer-reviewed journals would be a bonus
#government jobs #resume #careerbuilder #job search #career #recruitment #jobs hiring #vacancy #job vacancies #employment #hire #job today
Tag:antibody development, Bangalore, Biochemistry, biotechnology, career, careerbuilder, Cell biology, cell culture, conjugation, data analysis, Development, documentation, downstream analytical techniques, ecombinant cloning, ELISA, employment, esigning experiments, evaluation, execution, flow-cytometry, government jobs, hire, immunofluorescence, immunology, india, job search, job today, job vacancies, jobs hiring, Master’s, Molecular Biology, Ph.D, Protein Biology, protein/antibody expression, Recruitment, resume, Scientist jobs, Thermo Fisher Scientific jobs, ThermoFisher, Vacancy, western blotting