NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF IMMUNOLOGY
ARUNA ASAF ALI MARG
Applications are invited for the position of Senior Research Fellow/Junior Research Fellow (Project) for the following time-bound sponsored project as per the details given below:
Name of the project & Duration of the Project: Project entitled “Using next generation genome editing tool CRISPR/Cas9 in Caenorhabditis elegans to understand the molecular link of nutrient signaling and aging” funded by DBT
Tenable till 05.07.2022
Post details and No of Posts: Senior Research Fellow / Junior Research Fellow (Project) (One position only)
Name of the Project Investigator and Email ID: Dr. Arnab Mukhopadhyay Staff Scientist-VI
Email : email@example.com
Masters degree (M.Sc./M.Tech) in Bioinformatics or any area of life science or MCA, good academic
record . The applicant should have qualified any ‘National Level Examination’. The candidates will be
considered for SRF if they have two years of research experience.
Emoluments: The selected candidates will draw consolidated emoluments as per DST OM dated
30.01.2019, depending upon qualifications & experience
Senior Research Fellow: Rs. 35,000/- per month plus 24% HRA
Junior Research Fellow: Rs. 31,000/- per month plus 24% HRA
Job description & Desired Knowledge:
The candidates are expected to have:
i. Experience in Next generation sequencing analysis of transcriptomics, ChIP-seq and small
ii. Ability to analyze raw primary data generated by Illumina Next generation sequencing
platform and create/troubleshoot custom analysis pipelines
iii. Ability to handle all downstream secondary and tertiary data analysis using commercially
available as well as open source software (transcriptomics, ChIP-seq, small RNA-seq)
iv. Apart from these, the applicant should have knowledge of the following:
• Scripting language: R, Perl and/or Python.
• Operating system: Unix, Linux and Windows.
• Exposure to NGS Analysis tools like: Maq, BWA, Bowtie, SAM tools, BEDTools, MACS,
Galaxy, FastQC, Tophat, Cufflinks, AvadisNGS, CLC Genomics Workbench, Galaxy,
• Understandin of Statistics using: Microsoft Excel and R.
• Genome Browser: UCSC, Ensemble, IGV, IGB
• Ability to use Motif Analysis Tools like: MEME Suite, Transfac and RSAT
• Functional Annotation Tools: DAVID, GeneCodis, Gene Cards
General Terms & Conditions:
1. The candidates selected for the above posts will be on contract for one year or duration of the
project whichever is shorter, at a time.
2. Hostel/ housing facility will be provided for female candidates.
3. Applicants may clearly mention the category they belong to i.e. SC/ST/OBC/PH and attach
documentary proof of the same.
4. No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview, if called for.
5. Apart from sending application in the prescribed format given below, candidates should send
complete Curriculum Vitae along with the names of three referees. Curriculum Vitae should
contain details of the experimental expertise and list of publications.
6. Shortlisted candidates will be intimated by email about the date and time of Interviews.
Interviews of shortlisted candidates will be held through online video conferencing tools.
7. Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates may apply directly, STRICTLY IN THE PRESCRIBED FORMAT GIVEN
BELOW, through e-mail, to the Investigator of the project, clearly indicating the name of the project
along with their complete C.V., e-mail id, fax numbers, telephone numbers. Only Short listed
candidates will be called for interview and they required to submit attested copies of all their
certificates and a Demand Draft of Rs 100/- drawn on Canara Bank or Indian Bank payable at
Delhi/New Delhi in favour of the Director, NII (SC/STPH and Women candidates are exempted from
payment of fees) subject to submission of documentary proof), at the time of interview.
LAST DATE OF RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS: 20.09.2021
#government jobs #resume #careerbuilder #job search #career #recruitment #jobs hiring #vacancy #job vacancies #employment #hire #job today
Tag:AvadisNGS, BaseSpace, BEDTools, Bioinformatics jobs, Bowtie, BWA, career, careerbuilder, ChIP-seq, CLC Genomics Workbench, Cufflinks, DAVID, employment, Ensemble, FastQC, funded by DBT, Galaxy, Gene Cards, GeneCodis, government jobs, hire, IGB, IGV, job search, job today, job vacancies, jobs hiring, Junior Research Fellow, Life Science jobs, Linux, M.Sc., M.Tech, MACS, Maq, Master's Degree, MEME Suite, Next generation sequencing analysis of transcriptomics, Perl, Python, R, Recruitment, resume, RSAT, SAM tools, Senior Research Fellow, small RNA-seq, small RNA-seq data, Tophat, transcriptomics, Transfac, Trinity, UCSC, UNIX, Vacancy, Windows