Research Executive/ Senior Research Executive
Location: 64 Main Road, Whitefield P O, RESEARCH C, Bangalore- 560 066, Karnataka, India
We are looking to hire a Research Executive/ Senior Research Executive based in Bangalore
The Human Microbiome team is involved in generating insights and delivering new technologies to various brands in Beauty and Personal Care (BPC). A key part of this involves building scientific understanding and capabilities in Host Defense area. A thrust area within the program is to build new capability to understand the interaction of actives and formulations with the host innate defenses, the host response to the deposited actives, and their synergy with metabolites from bacteria and human cells. This work is critical in evaluation of technologies as well as mechanistic understanding of bacterial and host interplay and key to development of new technologies of microbiome management for BPC categories.
This role will focus on acquiring and performing the following responsibilities:
- Use existing methodologies for in vitro and in vivo evaluation of technologies that interact with innate immunity.
- Screen and identify novel molecules that trigger and/or synergize with innate defense pathways or molecules.
- Execute experimental protocols and methodologies to identify innate defense markers.
- Detection and quantification of innate defense molecules using analytical and/or advanced microscopy techniques, or any novel methods as may be the needed, based on project requirements.
- Keep up to date on scientific literature.
- Interpret data and communicate scientific results through data tools, ELN, technical reports and presentations.
- Effective team working with other members of HM team located in Bangalore and other R&D sites.
- Support training and management of external/outsourcing services in academic and 3P labs in specific areas as appropriate.
- Support management of day-to-day operations of the lab and establishing best practices in operations and maintenance of instruments used
- Executing projects assigned to ensure OTIF delivery. Monitor progress, provide active support in troubleshooting and query resolution
- Interact within the project team, with coworkers and other Unilever teams to translate insights to technologies and move the projects forward
- Engage with external labs (academic/ 3P) to generate scientific insights or outsource routine analysis and co-ordinate to ensure good data generation
- M.Sc. in Life Sciences, preferably Microbiology or Biotechnology
- 2 to 5 year experience in Cell Biology/Tissue Culture gained either through industrial or academic research, post MSc degree.
- Experience in experimental design, data analysis, data validation and documentation.
- Basic appreciation of statistics and data analysis tools.
- Should be a team player and have good communication skills.
- Interested to develop knowledge and understanding of current and emerging techniques that could be used to enhance project deliveries.
- Well organized, self-motivated, enthusiastic, and confident