Assoc Medical Surv Specialist
Primary Location: Thane, Maharashtra, India
Additional Locations: Bangalore, India
Provide a wide range of medical surveillance support (including monitoring of clinical laboratory data for subjects in clinical studies and composing medical narratives and interfacing with investigator sites.)
• Monitor, and evaluate laboratory results on a daily basis from sponsor-designated central laboratory
• Evaluating and analyzing laboratory data at agreed frequency from sponsor-designated data management system/eDC platform
• Conduct preliminary review of laboratory results relative to established protocol-specific reference range guidelines, using relevant clinical laboratory experience and compares current results with prior laboratory values to evaluate or note clinically significant increases/decreases and contacts the investigator site for pertinent additional clinical contact for distribution to project team
• Serve as liaison between the Medical Services Department and sponsor-designated laboratory and the IQVIA Project Team
• Maintain up-to-date laboratory knowledge via continuing education activities or attendance at medical seminars
• Based on clinical laboratory and monitoring experience, identify potentially significant trends or shifts in laboratory results and alerts IQVIA Medical Advisors
• Interact with project team to convey critical information that may impact study objectives
• Work with central laboratory staff to facilitate appropriate monitoring and reporting of subject laboratory results
• Assists Lead Medical Surveillance Specialist with project set-up activities
• Attends project team meetings, as needed
• Performs other related duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s Degree Life Sciences or allied health sciences,ie pharmacy,biochemistry, microbiology, biotechnology,nursing, biotechnology, medical laboratory sciences, physiotherapy
• health care ie medical (allopathy, homeopathy,ayurveda), or dentistry,
• 2 to 6 years relevant experience with a minimum 2.5 years of medical surveillance experience (req).
• r equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Strong technical ability to comprehend and integrate scientific data from a variety of sources. Strong communication
skills, both written and verbal. Demonstrated computer skills, especially word processing and data management. Strong
analytical and organizational skills and attention to detail required.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients