Integrated Ph.D. Programme at IISER Berhampur
IISER Berhampur is offering a highly competitive Integrated Ph.D. (iPhD) programme in Biological, Chemical, Mathematical and Physical Sciences to bright and highly motivated undergraduate students keen on pursuing a career in the frontier areas of research in basic sciences. The iPhD programme at IISER Berhampur is a program that combines curricula of Masters and Doctoral degrees into a single integrated programme with an amalgamation of rigorous coursework and high-quality research, eventually culminating in a Ph.D. degree. The students enrolled in iPhD programme will be entitled to get a 2-year MS fellowship and Ph.D. fellowship for a maximum of 5-year.
|Discipline||Basic Eligibility Criteria||Additional Eligibility Criteria|
|Biological Sciences||Students with minimum 60% marks in aggregate (overall percentage with all subjects where an Honours system is not applicable) in Bachelor’s or any equivalent degree
Students with 60% marks in the Honours/major subject in aggregate (where such a system is applicable) in Bachelor’s or any equivalent degree.
Subject area: Biological Sciences (All areas)/Environmental Sciences/ Mathematics/ Chemistry /Physics / Medical Sciences / Engineering.
If the scoring system follows a CGPI, the minimum score should be 6.0 on a 10-point scale.
|JGEEBILS (conducted in Dec 2020) or JAM -2021 (BL – Biological Sciences or BT – Biotechnology)|
General Information to the Applicants:
- The candidate MUST have qualified at least ONE of the above-mentioned Additional eligibility criteria specific to a department. The scores/ranks must be valid at the time of admission.
- Reservation and relaxation of eligibility criteria for SC/ST, OBC-NCL, and PD applicants will be as per Government of India norms. Candidates belonging to reserved category will have to submit relevant certificates if selected.
- Candidates in the final year of their qualifying degree are also eligible to apply. However, their final selection is subject to their successful completion of the qualifying degree with the above-mentioned requirements at the time of admission.
- A provisional degree certificate is mandatory at the time of admission.
- Mere fulfillment of the eligibility criteria does not automatically guarantee that a candidate will be shortlisted for a test and/or interview. The respective departments may use additional criteria in order to shortlist candidates for test and/or interviews depending on the number of applications received.
Online application: Only online applications are accepted. To apply please click here .
- Applicants fulfilling the eligibility criteria as stated above will be further shortlisted.
- Shortlisted candidates will be called for written test and/or interview.
Fellowship: All students admitted to the programme will be entitled to fellowship for a maximum of seven years from the beginning of the programme. In the first two years, a student will be supported by an institute fellowship of Rs.12,000/- per month. Following the first two years, a student will enter a Ph.D. programme which will be supported by an institute Ph.D. fellowship of Rs. 31,000/- and will be subject to all guidelines of the Ph.D. programme. The continuation of the fellowship is subject to the maintenance of minimum academic performance according to the programme policies.
Results of initial screening: June 25, 2021 (tentatively)
Test/interview: July 1-8, 2021 (tentatively)