ICAR – INDIAN INSTITUTE OF SPICES RESEARCH
Applications are invited online for the following post under KSCSTE project at ICAR-Indian Institute of
Spices Research, Kozhikode, Kerala. The positions are of temporary nature and co-terminus with the
project. Eligible candidates are requested to submit their application online (www.spices.res.in/jobs/)along
with scanned copy of the required documents on or before 22-06-2021. Shortlisted candidates will be
informed through email to attend the interview either in-person or online. The original documents of
the candidates appearing interview will be verified at the time of interview/joining.
Name of the Project : Development of a Metarhizium sp. based bio-pesticide formulation for the control
of shoot borer, Conogethespunctiferalis infesting cardamom, ginger and turmeric .
Name of the post and number: Project Fellow
Emoluments per month: Rs 22000/- month (Consolidated)
Master’s degree in Microbiology/Biotechnology
Experience in working with plant beneficial microbes including
Nature of Work:
Work involves characterization, production and formulation of
entomopathogenic fungus, characterization of enzymes and metabolites,
host-pathogen molecular interaction studies, multi-location field trials and
any other work assigned by the PI related to the project.
Duration: Three years from the date of start of the project or till termination
of the project, whichever is earlier
Upper age limit: 35 years for men and 40 years for women as on the date of
interview. Age relaxation as per Government of India rules.
General Terms and conditions
1. The above position is purely on temporary basis and is for the period as mentioned in the
2. Theselected candidate will not have any right for claiming pay scale or absorption against anyregular
post being vacant on a later date at this Institute.
3. No TA/DA will be paid for attending the Interview.
4. Canvassing in any form will lead to cancellation of candidature.
5. The decision of Director, ICAR- IISR would be final and binding in all aspects.
6. Candidates who secure the minimum marks prescribed by the Institute on screening of application
only will be eligible for attending the interview. The number of candidates to be called for the
interview will be decided by the Director of the Institute.
7. Those who do not possess the proof of Age and Educational Qualifications will not be allowed to
attend the Interview.
Note: All relevant certificates (in original) and bio data, No objection certificate in casehe/she is
employed elsewhere and experience certificate in original (if any) need to beproduced at the
time of interview/date of joining.
Location of ICAR IISR Kozhikode Main Campus -Pallithazham bus stop between Moozhikkal
East andChelavoor on the NH 212 “Kozhikode – Kollegal” Road.