Scientist (Autoimmune Disease Biology)
Immunocore is an innovative and dynamic biotechnology company developing a unique platform of T cell antigen receptor-based therapeutics, called ImmTAX molecules, as a novel class of treatments for cancer, infectious and autoimmune diseases. Immunocore has a well-established pipeline of wholly owned programmes, of world leading science and strong IP position, which has led to discovery collaborations with Genentech, GlaxoSmithKline, Medimmune as well as a co-discovery & co-development partnership with Lilly, and recent investment from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
We are looking for a collaborative and enthusiastic Scientist to join our Autoimmune team. Based on our world leading TCR technology platform we are discovering and advancing novel targeted therapeutic agents for the treatment of Autoimmunity and Inflammation (ImmTAAIs).
This is a very exciting opportunity for a passionate and creative team player who is keen to learn, innovate, collaborate and contribute to successes of a high-performance team within a pioneering, clinical-stage biotechnology company. The candidate should have a recent PhD in Immunology or Cellular Immunology, preferably with a background in inflammation or autoimmune immunology.
- Independently conduct and interpret cellular screening assays and studies to probe the biology of immune cells in the context of autoimmunity
- Contribute to the autoimmune biology platform by isolating and characterising various immune cells, participating in the generation and expansion of T cell clones, maintaining cell lines and primary cells
- Conduct cellular screening assays to support optimisation of ImmTAAIs
- Support studies to demonstrate proof of concept and profile drug candidates
- Interpret and communicate data to colleagues and peers, actively participate in team and project meetings
- Gain understanding of relevant literature and develop knowledge of the pathophysiology of Autoimmune diseases
- Contribute to routine lab maintenance and organisation
- Ability to run cell-based assays / functional assays to address key scientific questions
- Skilled in isolation of various immune cells (CD8+ and CD4+ T cells, Tregs and monocytes)
- Experience in immunology techniques such as ELISA, T cell killing assay, MSD cytokine analysis and NFAT luciferase reporter assay.
- Experienced in cancer cell and primary cell line culture
- High attention to detail, good time management skills and communication skills
- Strong team player with the ability to work independently
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Desirable: Use of Flow cytometer
Tag:Abingdon, Autoimmune, Biochemistry, cancer cell, CD4+ T cells, CD8+, Cell biology, cell-based assays, communication skills, Disease Biology, ELISA, England, Flow cytometer, immune cells, Immunocore, immunology, immunology techniques, isolation, jobs, Life -Sciences, management skills, Molecular Biology, monocytes, MSD cytokine analysis, NFAT luciferase reporter assay, Oxfordshire, primary cell line culture, scientific questions, Structural Biology, T cell killing assay, Tregs