Axol Bioscience is a dynamic, rapidly expanding biotech company with sites in both Midlothian in Scotland and Cambridge in England. Axol is a leading provider in iPSC-based services and also developing new innovate products and solutions for the fields of drug discovery, toxicology and life sciences. Following the recent merger of Censo Biotechnologies and Axol Biosciences we are looking to recruit a number of individuals to support our increasing portfolio of clients for service work and also in our new product development teams.
We have a number of roles available with the following levels of skills and experience.
Gene Editing Scientist – Cambridge based
- PhD, MSc or equivalent experience in biological sciences.
- Knowledge and practical experience with genome engineering (CRISPR, siRNA, shRNA), preferably in human stem cells.
- Experience with transfection/electroporation techniques in mammalian cell lines.
- Experienced in mammalian cell culture specially culture and maintenance of human embryonic or induced pluripotent stem cells.
- Practical experience and a good understanding of molecular biology techniques including DNA, RNA and protein extraction, DNA electrophoresis, PCR, RT-qPCR, Cloning and bacteria transformation, Western-Blot.
- Experience in use of DNA cloning and sequence manipulation software (e.g. Vector NTI, SnapGene, etc.) as well as the use of gRNA design tools.
- Experience with molecular characterisation of edited iPSC lines using (but not limited to) immunocytochemistry, fluorescent microscopy and flow-cytometry
All roles will require the candidates to:
- Perform daily laboratory housekeeping activities, including but not limited to cleaning of laboratories, stock control and waste disposal
- Completion of laboratory notebooks and standard forms in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures & good documentation practice
- Preparation and maintenance of Standard Operating Procedures
- Providing out of hours cover for cell culture as required on a rotational basis
- Compliance with all Health and Safety policies and procedures
- Computer literate with specific skills in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent record keeping skills with a good eye for detail
- Organisational, planning and time management skills with the ability to plan ahead whilst delivering results to a deadline.
- Report on milestone delivery and project status to the Principal Scientist
Personal attributes and behavioral competencies:
- Determination to succeed with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Passion for Customer Satisfaction
- Honesty & integrity
- Ownership /accountability of role, projects, tasks
- Sound work ethicsAbility to work under pressure delivering results
- Emotional resilience and an ability to work under pressure with good humour
- Ability to create a positive environment through self-awareness and social skills
For information about Axol please visit https://www.axolbio.com/
Tag:Axol Bioscience, bacteria transformation, Biological Sciences, Cambridgeshire (GB), cell culture, Cloning, CRISPR, DNA, DNA cloning, DNA electrophoresis, electroporation, flow-cytometry, fluorescent microscopy, Gene Editing, Genetics & Genomics, genome engineering, gRNA design tools, human embryonic, human stem cells, immunocytochemistry, induced pluripotent stem cells, jobs 2021, jobs in england, Life -Sciences, mammalian cell lines, MSc, PCR, PhD, Recruitment, RNA, rotein extraction, RT-qPCR, Scientist, sequence manipulation, shRNA, siRNA, SnapGene, Stem Cell Research, transfection, Vector NTI, Western-Blot