Yoh Scientific is working with a Start-up Biotech which aspire to be the world leaders in the development of novel antibody therapeutics for the treatment of inflammatory diseases., and in doing so, change patients’ lives. With a recent multi-million pound investment they are now recruiting for a Senior Scientist to join their team, and return can offer broad exposure to innovative therapeutic programmes, significant opportunities for career development and a supportive, driven and ambitious team environment.
For this role, you should be excited about working in a small, dynamic team; always keen to get involved; and be a team player. The position represents an excellent opportunity for someone looking to take on responsibility in the discovery of new antibody drugs and establishment of novel methodologies. Applicants should have laboratory research experience particularly in the areas of antibody discovery using B cell techniques (e.g. B cell culture and/or single B cell screening), cellular biology and molecular biology. As part of this role, you will work on novel antibody discovery programmes, establish high-throughput B cell screening methodologies, conduct cellular assays, and help other team members with a wide variety of laboratory techniques. You should have advanced organisational skills with a strong attention to detail, and should always approach problems with a positive attitude.
• Bringing energy to our team to maintain our positive company culture
• Establishing and running B cell culture and screening techniques
• Isolating and cloning Ig genes from single B cells
• Transiently expressing antibodies using mammalian cell lines • Conducting analytical and functional assays (e.g. ELISA, cellular assays, FACS)
• Hybridoma production and culture
You should have:
• A PhD or equivalent level of experience working in a research laboratory
• Enthusiasm for, and commitment to, research on drug discovery
• Proven recent experience in:
o Cloning Ig genes from isolated B cells to Mammalian cell culture
o Mammalian cell culture
If you feel you could be a fit please forward your CV to me at email@example.com
#resume #careerbuilder #job search #career #recruitment #jobs hiring #vacancy #job vacancies #employment #hire #job today #Oxford #Life Sciences #Biotechnology #Cell Biology #Molecular Biology #Jobs in England #Permenent #Fulltime