ICMR- NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF MALARIA RESEARCH
INDIAN COUNCIL OF MEDICAL RESEARCH (DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH RESEARCH)
SECTOR-8, DWARKA, NEW DELHI- 110077, INDIA
Tel:+91-11-25307103, 25307104, 25361092, 25361093
website : www.nimr.org.in, nimr.icmr.org.in
VACANCY NOTIFICATION FOR CONTRACTUAL POSTS
ICMR-National Institute of Malaria Research will conduct walk-in-interview / written tests on
the below mentioned purely temporary project posts, tenable at ICMR-NIMR for the period as
mentioned below. Candidates possessing required essential qualifications, experience and age
criteria may attend walk-in-interview / written test on the dates and venue as indicated in the
schedule below along with the filled-in prescribed application form and supporting documents
for proof of date of birth, qualifications and experience.
“A study of low-density malaria parasite infection in the community and its
transmission potential in North and South districts in Goa”- (Duration-02 years)
Name of Post: Project Research Scientific-VI (Non Medical) (Scientist ‘D’- Non Medical)
Salary (fixed) In Rs. pm: Rs. 54,000/- + HRA as per rule
Essential / Desirable qualification and Experience: Essential Qualifications: First Class graduate Degree with Ph.D. in Life Sciences (Biomedical Sciences, Zoology, Bioinformatics, Biology/Bioscience, Biotechnology related and applied Life Sciences) with 8 years R&D/ Teaching / Working Experience in a Govt. / Public Sector / Private Institutions. Or 2nd class M.Sc degree in Life Sciences as above with Ph.D degree in relevant subject from a recognized university with
minimum 8 years of R & D/ teaching experience after Ph.D in the relevant subject.
Desirable: Additional postdoctoral research/teaching experience and Knowledge of computer applications and data management.
Note: The selected candidate would work at NIMR, Delhi
Name of Post: Senior Project Research Fellow
Salary: Rs. 35,000/- + HRA as per rule
Essential Qualifications: Post Graduate Degree in Life Sciences OR Post Graduate Degree in professional course related with Biotechnology courses AND two years’ research experience.
Desirable: The applicant must have research experience in molecular and cell biology related relevant field. Experience in analyzing large NGS datasets assembly, especially functional genomics with hands on experience in
related field for DNA,RNA isolation, Molecular Diagnostics, Realtime PCR, TaqMan probe based diagnosis. Preference would be given to candidate having at least one first authored publication in the relevant field
Duties and Responsibilities: The selected personnel would be responsible to carry out project related work and manage laboratory and the candidate is also expected to support in vitro cell culture techniques, and other
genomics studies Gene profiling, gene profiling data, etc.
Note: The selected candidate would work at NIMR Delhi.
1.Interview will be held on the same day after registration and verification of documents. No
candidate will be allowed to enter after scheduled date and time.
2. If there are more than 30 candidates against any post, written examination will be conducted and
shortlisted candidates will be considered for interview/personal discussion.
Terms and Conditions:
Interested and eligible candidates possessing the essential qualification and experience can appear
for walk-in-interview/personal discussions (as applicable) on the dates mentioned against each post
along with the duly filled in, prescribed application form (attached).
Terms and Conditions:
3. Incomplete applications, application not submitted in prescribed format and application without
supportive documents asked for, shall be summarily rejected. Qualification and experience should
be in relevant discipline/field and from a reputed institution/organization recognized by relevant
4. Separate application should be submitted for each post, if applying for more than one post.
5. Experience shall be counted from the date of completion of minimum essential educational
6. Submission of incorrect or false information during the process of walk-in-interview/personal
discussion shall disqualify the candidature at any stage.
7. The Director reserves the right to increase / decrease the number of vacancies as per
8. The Director, NIMR has the right to accept/ reject any application without assigning any
reason thereof and no correspondence will be entertained in this matter.
9. The Director, NIMR reserves right to fill up or not to fill up the post advertised on website.
10. Candidate should write the Name of Project on the top of the application.
11. No benefit of provident fund, Leave Travel Concession, Medical Claim etc. will be considered,
since the post is purely on temporary basis.
12. Age relaxation is admissible to SC/ST/OBC/EXM/Departmental candidates including projects as
per Govt. of India/ICMR Norms. No age relaxation will be considered for un-reserved post.
13. Age limit and experience will be considered as on the date of walk-in- interview/personal
14. No TA/DA will be paid for attending the walk-in-interview/personal discussion/written test.
15. Mere fulfilling the essential qualification/ experience does not guarantee selection.
16. Candidates already in regular service under any central/state govt/Autonomous/dept/PSU are not
eligible to apply.
17. Selected candidates will be granted Leave as per ICMR guidelines.
18. Community/ Caste certificate: Candidates applying under OBC category shall submit attested copy
of OBC Non – Creamy Layer Certificate in specified format, issued within one year from the date
of walk-in- interview test and / or personal discussion by the appropriate authority. Only NonCreamy Layer OBC certificates will be accepted and other certificates will not be accepted.
19. Posts are contractual for the duration offered.
20. The above posts are filled-up purely on temporary and contractual basis & the candidate will have
no right to claim for any type of Permanent Employment under ICMR-NIMR or continuation of
his/her services in any other project.
21. Canvassing and bringing inside or outside influence in any form for short listing and employment
will treated as a disqualification and the candidate will be debarred from selection process.
22. Those appearing for Walk-in-Interview/personal discussion, he/she must bring all original
certificates (1) Educational qualification (2) Proof of Date of birth (3) Experience
certificates/testimonials (4) One-self attested recent passport size photograph (5) ID Proof (Ex.
Aadhar/PAN/Voter ID/Driving License etc.) (6) One set of self-attested photocopies of all
documents. (7) SC/ST/OBC Certificates, if applicable. (8) Candidates should produce all
certifications/testimonials in original for verification at the time of walk in–interview.
23. Candidates reporting after the scheduled date/time will not be allowed to appear in interview / or
24. Any Addendum/Corrigendum in respect of above vacancies, notice shall be issued on websites
https://main.icmr.nic.in/and https://nimr.icmr.org.in/only and no separate notification shall be
issued in the press. Applicants are requested to regularly visit the websites
(https://main.icmr.nic.in/and https://nimr.icmr.org.in/.) to keep themselves updated.
25. The advertisement and the prescribed application form is available on website
https://nimr.org.in/category/vacancy/, https://nimr.icmr.org.in/index.php/notifications/vacancies and
Note: The following Preventive measures are to be adhered strictly by the candidates appearing for
walk-in-interview, to contain the spread of Novel Corona Virus (COVID-19) inside the premises
and during recruitment process:
(a) Wearing of face cover is compulsory.
(b) Spitting in public & work place shall be punishable with fine, as may be prescribed in
accordance with its laws, rules or regulations by the State/UT local authority.
(c) Social distancing shall be followed by all persons in public places and in transport.
(d) Provision for thermal screening, hand wash and sanitizer shall be made at all entry and
exit points and common areas.
(e) Use of Arogya Setu App is mandatory.
(f) Large physical gathering at one place should be avoided.
(g) As much as possible candidates should avoid using other’s phones, desk, or work tools
and equipment. Clean and disinfect them before and after use.
(h) Loitering and crowding in corridors should be avoided and candidates should maintain
#government jobs #resume #careerbuilder #job search #career #recruitment #jobs hiring #vacancy #job vacancies #employment #hire #job today
Tag:Bioinformatics, Biomedical Sciences, Bioscience, biotechnology, career, careerbuilder, employment, government jobs, hire, job search, job today, job vacancies, jobs hiring, Life Science jobs, National Institute of Malaria Research jobs, nimr jobs, Ph.D, Post Graduate Degree, Project Research Scientific jobs, Recruitment, resume, Senior Project Research Fellow jobs, Vacancy, zoology