Project Name: Tiger Recovery Strategy & Long-term Monitoring in Sahyadri Tiger Reserve, Maharashtra
Engagement Position: Project Fellow (Two Positions)
Essential Qualification (EQ)
(i) Master’s Degree in Wildlife Science/ Botany/ Zoology/ Forestry/ Life Sciences/ Environmental Sciences/ Agricultural Sciences/ Veterinary Sciences/ Biological Sciences/ Geo-informatics/ Social Sciences, Statistics, Commerce and Artswith a minimum of 50% aggregate marks from a recognized university.
(ii) 2 Years’ experience in Research and Development in Industrial and Academic Institutions or Science and Technology Organizations and Scientific activities and services
Desirable Qualification (DQ)
Experience/interest in (a) Occupancy sampling, (b) Camera trapping, (c) Spatial analysis using Remote Sensing and GIS tools; (d) Vegetation survey and analyses; (e) Radiotelemetry; (f) Socio-economic survey for participatory management and ecosystem services (g) Data management and statistical analyses.
Scope of work
1) Ecological surveys including camera trapping, sign surveys and line transect.
(2) Landscape analyses to map corridors and evaluate ecosystem services of the region.
(3) Participation in ongoing prey augmentation efforts, offer research-based guidance to forest department in prey capture, release, and post-release monitoring.
(4) Developing plan for landscape research and management in Sahyadri-Tillari corridor/region
Location of Project sites
Sahyadri Tiger Reserve (Maharashtra), adjoining region Maharashtra and WII, Dehradun
(i) Rs. 28000/- + HRA per month.
Till 31st March 2022
Mode of Selection and other conditions:
1. The selection of the candidates will be in accordance with the performance in the interview and in order of merit as decided by the Selection Committee. All original documents should be produced at the time of interview. The decision of the Institute’s Committee in all matters relating to eligibility, work experience, acceptance or rejection of application will be final and binding on the candidates and no enquiry or correspondence will be entertained from any individual.
2. The candidates are required to submit their completed application forms in PDF format, with accompanying attachments (proof of research experience, publications etc.), by email (with subject line mentioning the name of the project to email@example.com not later than 1700 hrs on 27-10-2021.
3. Application forms needs to be typed according to the prescribed format and must be accompanied by: (a) Scanned copies of educational qualifications, and (b) Scanned copies of experience letter/ certificate.
4. The applications received after the deadline will be rejected by the Institute.
5. The shortlisted candidates will be notified (through email and website notification) for online personal interview by 29-10-2021. The online interview will be held on 01-11-2021 from 1000 hrs onwards.
6. At the time of verification of original documents, if it is found that an attempt has been made by the applicant to willfully conceal, misrepresent, or canvass the facts, his/her candidature will not be considered.
7. The positions advertised are purely temporary/ contractual.
8. Relaxation in Age will be given as per Govt. of India norms.
9. After announcement of the results, the candidate should join the project immediately.
10. The Director, WII reserves the right to reject any candidature in view of incomplete information provided by the candidate or for any other reason thereof.
11. The prescribed essential qualifications are the bare minimum and mere possession of the same does not entitle candidates to be called for interview. The selection to the aforesaid post will be on the basis of personal interview which will be conducted by a duly constituted Selection Committee. However, if the number of applications received for a particular post(s) is large, then Institute reserves the right to lay down any criteria for the purpose of short listing of the candidates for interview
Tag:Agricultural Science jobs, Biological Science jobs, Biotech and life sciences, biotech research jobs, Botany jobs, Bsc biotechnology career, BSc life science jobs, career, career builder, employment, Environmental Science jobs, Forestry jobs, Geo-informatics jobs, government jobs, hire, Industrail biotechnology jobs, job search, job search career, job today, job vacancies, jobs hiring, life science research jobs, lifescience careers, lifescience jobs, Masters degree jobs, MSc biotechnology career, Msc biotechnology government jobs, Msc life science government jobs, Msc life science jobs, PROJECT FELLOW JOBS, Recruitment, Science research jobs, Social Science jobs, Vacancy, Veterinary Science jobs, Wildlife Biology jobs, Wildlife Institute of India, Wildlife Science jobs, Zoology jobs