CALL FOR JUNIOR RESEARCH FELLOW CONVERTIBLE TO A Phd POSITION IN SERB-FUNDED PROJECT
NOTE: PLEASE READ THE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE APPLYING
Applications are invited from suitable candidates for the position of a Junior Research Fellow
(JRF) to work on the following SERB-funded project at the Department of Biological Sciences,
BITS-Pilani Hyderabad Campus.
Title of the project: “To delineate domain-specific functions of Histone Deacetylase 6
(HDA6) in gene regulation and genomic instability and- to develop a novel non-transgenic
epigenetic mutagenesis tool for plant improvement via HDAC modulation”
Duration of the project: 3 years (started in January 2021)
Project position and number: Junior Research Fellow (1)
Fellowship amount: Rs 31,000 + HRA
Funding agency: SERB
Selected candidate is expected to register for Ph.D. program of BITS-Pilani Hyderabad
campus, subject to the fulfillment of the requirements.
• Candidates with CSIR-UGC (LS/JRF)/DST Inspire fellows/DBT-JRF under CategoryII/GATE qualified CAN ONLY APPLY.
• M.Sc/M.E/M.Tech in Biological Sciences, Biotechnology, Plant Biotechnology,
Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Genetics. Please do not apply if you do
not have Master’s degree from any of the above listed disciplines.
• Previous lab experience in Plant Molecular Biology and Bioinformatic analysis of
sequencing data (like NGS) is highly desirable.
Interested candidates with the above-mentioned qualifications may send the CV in the attached
format by November 26, 2021 (last date), to the Principal Investigator, Gireesha T.
Mohannath via email to: gireeshalab@gmail.
Pease note that only shortlisted candidates will be called for interview (online or in-person).
Gireesha T. Mohannath
Assistant Professor and SERB-Ramanujan Felllow
Department of Biological Sciences
FORMAT FOR CV
3. Contact Details
ii. Email ID:
i.Bachelors’ Degree (name and overall grade):
ii. Masters’ Degree (name and overall grade):
iii.Any other Degree (name and overall grade):
5. Details of qualifying exam, CSIR-UGC (LS) or DBT-JRF category II:
(Please mention the score, year of qualifying and category)
6. Research Publications, if any:
7. Presentations in Conference proceedings, if any:
(Do not mention if you have only attended the conference)
8. Previous relevant work experience, if any:
9. Comment on your communication (verbal and written) skills:
10. Technical expertise:
(List only those Molecular Biology techniques you are practically familiar with)
11. List of three references. Please mention the name and contact details of three faculty/ your
employer/ teacher who can endorse your candidature. (Recommendation letters not required).
12. A brief statement of interest: Mention why you are interested in pursuing Ph.D. (~200 words)
13. Any other relevant information: