Applications are invited from suitable candidates for one position of Junior Research Fellow in DBT MK Bhan Fellowship project entitled “Exploring the biomarkers and their pertinence to develop a biosensor for detecting antibiotic pollutant and their by-products in the marine organisms and aquaculture food products” of Dr. Neha P Patel at Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology, Thiruvananthapuram.
- Good Academic records with First Class Master’s Degree/ BTech Degree in Biotechnology/ Bioinformatics/ Computational Biology.
- The Candidate should have qualified National Eligibility Test – CSIR-UGC NET including Lectureship (Assistant Professorship) or Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE)/ or National Level Examination conducted by Central Government Departments and their Agencies and Institutions viz., DBT-Biotechnology Eligibility Test/ Joint Graduate Entrance Examination for Biology & Interdisciplinary Life Sciences (JBEEBILS)/ ICMR Entrance Exam/ Approved DST Inspire Fellowship etc.
- Documented or demonstrable experience in Bioinformatics, programming language (R, PYTHON, Perl, Linux etc.) is essential.
- A minimum of one year research experience in either next generation sequencing data analysis, microbiology, molecular biology will be preferred.
- At least one publication in any SCIE indexed journals is desirable.
Below 28 years as on January 10, 2022. Age relaxation will be given as per Govt. of India norms.
₹ 31,000/- + 16% HRA per month.
Initial appointment will be for a period of one year and extendable till termination of the project based on performance evaluation.
Suitably qualified candidates may send applications in the prescribed format with a photograph, a copy of full resume indicating the percentage of marks obtained and attested photocopies of credentials and experience to reach the undersigned only through Email on or before January 10, 2022. Candidates who are currently working in Govt. firms should send applications through proper channel. Application form along with all supporting documents should be submitted as a single PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Advertisement number along with the position for which the candidate is applying should be mentioned in the ‘SUBJECT’ part of the Email. If a candidate wishes to apply for different positions, separate application forms should be submitted for each position. Selection to the position will not entitle the candidate to any future positions at RGCB (permanent or otherwise). As with all project positions at RGCB, the position will be co terminus with end of the project.
Applications which are not in the prescribed format will summarily be rejected.
Only those fulfilling the above criteria need apply. Applicants will be short listed for the ONLINE selection interview based on eligibility criteria. Selection of suitable candidates will be made based on qualifications and performance in the selection interview.